What to do if you have a Complaint
We realise that things can go wrong and there may be occasions when you feel that we have not provided the policy or service you expected. When this happens we want to hear about it so that we can try to put the matter right. It is important you know that we are committed to providing an exceptional level of service and customer care.
Recovery operators are trained and equipped to undertake temporary roadside repairs where applicable and are not in a position to comment on the general roadworthiness or safety of a vehicle, before, during or after a breakdown or repair.
Furthermore, the completion of an emergency repair cannot be taken to signify, or in any way guarantee, the general roadworthiness of the vehicle concerned and attention should always be sought from a garage or alternative place of repair.
If your complaint is about the handling of a claim, please contact:
Emergency Assist Limited
Emergency Assist Limited
Our Complaints Procedure
To enable us to remedy your situation in a speedy and efficient manner, we have a documented, formal complaints procedure.
Complaints procedure list
- Upon receipt of your complaint, we will acknowledge your complaint promptly to reassure you that we will be dealing with the issue as a matter of urgency, giving you the details of who will be handling the matter in our office.
- After having considered the issue, we will advise what action we intend to take and the expected timescales for this. At this time we will give you details of the Financial Ombudsman Service. These can also be found further on in this document along with their guidelines.
- In the event that your complaint relates to activities or services provided by a third party, we will advise you of this in writing giving their contact details and the reasons for our decision, whilst also ensuring that your complaint is promptly forwarded to the appropriate party in writing.
- We will aim to make a final response to you as soon as possible and keep you reasonably informed as to progress of this. We anticipate that we will be able to provide a substantive response to most complaints within eight weeks.
- By the end of eight weeks from the receipt of your complaint, we will issue you with our final response, or issue a response that gives the reasons for the delay and indicates when we will be able to provide a final response. If you are dissatisfied with our response or if we have not issued a final response at this time, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Online Dispute Resolution Service
If you have a compliant regarding one of our products or services you purchased online you can submit this online via the Dispute Resolution Service for consumers.