Adventure and Sport Travel Insurance
Explore a world of adventure with peace of mind
Adventure and Sport Travel Insurance
It’s not everyone’s idea of a perfect holiday sitting by a pool and reading a book. You might fancy trying something more adventurous on holiday and finding an adrenaline rush.
If that is you then our Adventure Travel Insurance is the ideal companion for your action packed holiday. With our single or annual travel insurance you will be automatically covered for a number of sports and activities as standard, so whether you are river canoeing, banana boating or fancy trying parascending you’re covered.
You might fancy trying something even more adventurous. If that’s the case we can offer you cover for more activities in our Activity Pack B. If your activity is on the list then all you need to do is just select the relevant pack you’d like and add this to your cover.
We also cover a range of pre-existing medical conditions, if anyone has a medical condition, no matter how minor it may seem, you need to make sure it is properly covered when you buy travel insurance. Our quick and easy medical screening means you can get an instant quote to cover any medical conditions someone may have.
Travel with the comfort in knowing that whatever holiday you want it is covered with reliable cover which will offer you peace of mind and protect what matters to you the most.
Types of cover
Single Trip Travel Cover
Get insured quickly and easily for a single trip up to 365 days with no upper age limit. Build your perfect holiday cover that suits your needs and travel with the assurance and comfort in knowing you’ll be protected for pre-existing medical conditions.
Annual Travel Insurance
Save money with our annual multi-trip insurance if you travel more than once a year. Travel as many times a year as you want with complete peace of mind, as we cover all pre-existing medical conditions.
Trusted service with support you can rely on
Trusted service with support you can depend on
Whilst travel liberates us – we travel to the places we treasure as lifelong memories, to exotic destinations, to spend time with our families, to learn and do the things that matter to us most.
The right cover for you
Health and age can become a limiting factor and pose unwanted risks when we travel – which is part of the reason people buy travel insurance. However, these very reasons can make getting the right level of cover, at an affordable cost, a difficult task. That’s where we come in.
Specialist and tailored
We aim to help everyone have a safe journey, with high quality affordable specialist travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions at all stages, and we have no upper age limit.
Activity Pack A
- Amateur Sports – Aerobics, Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowls, Cricket, Croquet, Curling, Fencing, Football, Golf, Jogging, Netball, Racquetball, Roller Blading, Roller Skating, Rounders, Snooker, Pool, Billiards, Skate Boarding, Squash, Surfing, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Ten Pin Bowling, Volleyball, Water Polo and Weightlighting only
- Banana Boating
- Beach Games
- Canoeing/River Canoeing (up to Grade 3)
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Cycling (other than specified)
- Fell Walking/Fell running
- Hiking (under 2000 metres altitude)
- Jet Boating
- Motorcycling up to 50cc (wearing a crash helmet and no racing)
- Outwardbound Pursuits (ground level only)
- Parascending/Parasailing (over water towed by boat)
- Pony Trekking
- Rambling (under 2000 metres altitude
- Sail Boarding
- Sailing\/Dinghy Sailing within Territorial Waters (inland\/coastal waters within 12 mile)
- Trekking (under 2000 metres altitude)
- Tug of war
- Underground activities (as part of an organised excursion\/tour only)
- War Games
- Water Skiing (excluding jumping) – amateur only (inland\/coastal waters within 12 mile)
- Windsurfing – amateur only (inland\/coastal waters within 12 mile)
- Work Abroad – Non Manual Work (including professional, administrative or clerical duties only)
Activity Pack B
- Aerial Safari
- Boxing Training (no contact)
- Bungee Jump (maximim 3)
- Camel/Elephant Riding/Trekking (non-incidental)
- Cycle Touring/Mountain Biking
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Go Karting (specific use)
- Hiking (between 2001 and 4000 metres altitude)
- Hockey (amateur)
- Horse Riding (no polo, hunting or jumping)
- Hot Air Ballooning (non-incidental)
- Hurling (amateur)
- Hydro Zorbing
- Jet Skiing (non-incidental)
- Martial Arts (training only)
- Motorcycling (up to 125cc with a licence appropriate to the cc, wearing a crash helmet and no racing)
- Quad Biking
- Rambling (between 2001 and 4000 metres altitude)
- Rowing (inland\/coastal waters within 12 mile)
- Rugby (amateur Competition)
- Safari (Tour operator organised and not involving use of firearms)
- Scuba Diving (up to 30 metres as long as PADI qualified or equivalent to that depth and provided adequately supervised\/not diving alone).
- Track Events
- Trekking (between 2001 and 4000 metres altitude)
- White Water Rafting/Black Water Rafting (Grades 1 to 4 – life jacket and helmet must be worn)
- Work Abroad – Manual work (ground level no machinery – other than specified)
Activity not listed?
There are more than 80 activities included in packs A and B, just click the buttons above to see the list.
If you’re planning on taking part in more adventurous activities during your holiday please call us on 0800 954 0178 to discuss your plans.
From abseiling to white water rafting we’ll do our best to arrange cover for the activities you’re planning.
If you plan on undertaking any winter sports activities while on holiday you can extend your Travel Insurance to make sure you’re covered by selecting the option below.
You will be covered for playing golf under activity pack A but you will need to choose the additional option below if you require additional cover for golf equipment.
|What we cover|
For a full benefits list and what is covered with your chosen travel insurance policy you will need to view the appropriate policy wording from the insurer. You will be able to view this when deciding which policy best suits your needs on the Just Travel website.
Cancellation/Curtailment cover up to £12,500
Baggage cover up to £3,000
Personal Effects up to £3,000
Personal liability cover up to £2 million
Emergency medical and repatriation expenses up to £15 million
Missed departure up to £1,500
Legal Costs & Expenses up to £25,000
50+ Sports and activities covered as standard
80+ sports and activities covered with our additional activity pack
Travel Adventure and Sport
Each traveller needs to have their own European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) Card. If you are travelling to countries within the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland you are strongly advised to obtain a (EHIC). You can apply for an EHIC either online at www.ehic.org.uk or by telephoning 0300 330 1350 or visting your local post office. This will entitle you to benefit from the health care arrangements which exist between countries within the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
THE EHIC is not a replacement for your Travel Insurance and should accompany any cover you take out.
You can be covered for most travel destinations.
The only countries or areas we cannot provide cover to visit are where government bodies have advised against travel at the time of purchase. Please check your policy wording for a full list of destinations.
Yes – Just Travel don’t need to know the names of your medications, only the names of your medical conditions.You may be asked how many medications you take for a particular medical condition.
To screen your medical conditions and provide an accurate travel insurance quote, Just Travel will need to know the name of the medical condition you have been diagnosed with. If you are unsure, please check with your doctor.
Will I need a doctor’s certificate to get travel insurance cover for my pre existing medical condition?
No, you won’t need to supply Just Travel or the travel insurance provider with a doctor’s certificate. Their medical screening questions will assess the severity of your medical condition.You just need to tell Just Travel the name of the medical condition and answer the questions honestly.
Justtravelcover.com specialises in travel insurance for over 65’s and our single trip policies don’t have an upper age limit, while our annual multi – trip policies have an age limit of 79.
You can add winter sports cover to a single trip travel insurance quote. Once you enter the dates of your trip and declare any pre-existing medical conditions, you will be asked if you want to add any additional travel insurance cover. You can add winter sports cover at this point, and all the travel insurance prices you are shown will include cover for winter sports.
It is quick and easy to buy your single trip cover online anytime, 7 days a week. Your cancellation cover starts from the moment your complete your purchase, so if you are unable to travel for an insured reason, you can recover the cost of your holiday.
Telephone: Contact Just Travel on 0800 954 0178 to discuss anything related to your account with Just Travel
Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 4pm
Sunday 10am – 4pm