Home start is an add on and not included as standard.
Homestart includes assistance if Your Insured Vehicle should Breakdown at Home or within (1) mile of Your
What is covered
If Your Insured Vehicle has Broken Down within the United Kingdom, and is within 1 mile of Your Home We will instruct a Recovery
- Attend the scene of the Breakdown and where possible carry out a Temporary Repair, and/or,
- Recover the Vehicle to a suitable garage. The garage maybe chosen by You however must be withina 25 mile radius of the
site of the Breakdown.
In the event that the Breakdown is as a result of a flat, blown or punctured tyrethe following will
- If You have an accessible and serviceable spare, or space saver wheel, along with any relevant locking wheel nut
key (where applicable), a Recovery Operator will replace the wheel.
- If neither the relevant locking wheel nut key is present or an accessible and serviceable spare, or space saver wheel, then
We shall source a mobile tyre fitter (where available) to attend. The call outcharge of this shall be covered within Your
Policy up to a maximum of £70, but the cost of any parts or tyre(s) required will be at Your cost.
- Where a mobile tyre fitter is unable to be sourced We shall recover Your Vehicle to the nearestgarage able to effect
a repair. This is where Our assistance will end.
What is not covered
- Labour charges in excess of one hour of the Recovery Operator arriving at the scene of theBreakdown.
- A breakdown which occurs outside of the UK.
- The exclusions detailed within the General Exclusions section of this Policy Wording also apply.